To make colorful skeletons in coffin brownies for Halloween, you will need:
- White candy melts
- Candy coloring in the colors of your choice
- Skeleton bones candy mold
- Your favorite brownie recipe
- Coffin mini cake pan
- Your favorite chocolate frosting recipe
- 10 Oreo chocolate sandwich cookies
How To Make Colorful Skeletons in Coffin Brownies
1) Microwave your candy melts in a bowl on low power for 30-seconds at a time. Stop and stir after each 30-second interval then repeat until the coating is completely melted. Do not overheat the candy melts or your coating will become lumpy.Color your melted coating with candy coloring.
2) Pour your melted coating into a sandwich bag and cut off one of the corners of the bag. Squirt your melted coating into each cavity of your skeleton bones candy mold. Set the filled mold in the freezer for a few minutes to quickly harden the melted coating.
3) Remove your skeleton bones candy mold from the freezer. Tap and bend the mold to remove your skeleton bone candies.
3) Bake your favorite brownie recipe in your coffin mini cake pan and make your favorite chocolate frosting. I used the Baked Brownies recipe from Baked: New Frontiers in Baking and the Chocolate Frosting recipe from I’m Just Here for More Food by Alton Brown.
5) Spread some frosting on each of your coffin brownies.
6) Insert candy bones into the frosting.
7) Cover the frosting with Oreo crumbs. Tap off the excess cookie crumbs.
Add unique twists to your skeletons in coffin brownies by using different colors and playing around with the positioning of the candy bones.